for this one yummy email recipe. I confess that I am a tofu lover, and this is a must for us vegetarians – Powered by Tofu.
Garlic-Ginger Tofu Stir-Fry
This mouthwatering Chinese dish is a must-have!
1 small Thai pepper, minced
1 tsp. minced ginger
1 garlic clove, minced
1 Tbsp. olive oil
3 Tbsp. soy sauce
1/4 cup water
1 Tbsp. arrowroot powder or cornstarch
2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1 16-oz. pkg. firm tofu, drained and cut into 1×1/2-inch pieces
1 tsp. soy sauce
2 carrots, cut into 2-inch strips
1 red pepper, sliced
1 large bok choy (or 4-5 baby bok choy), cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1/2 medium onion, sliced
1/2 cup yellow squash, sliced into 1/2-inch-thick pieces
Cooked lo mein or soba noodles
- Sauté the minced pepper, ginger, and garlic in the olive oil for 2 to 3 minutes over medium heat. Add the soy sauce and water, stirring until well combined. Stir in the cornstarch and simmer over low heat until the tofu and vegetables are ready.
- Heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat in a nonstick 12-inch skillet.
- Add the tofu and cook, stirring frequently (stir-frying), until heated through and browned on all sides, about 10 to 15 minutes. Add the soy sauce and stir-fry for 1 minute. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add the carrots, red pepper, bok choy, onions, and squash to the skillet and stir-fry until the vegetables are tender but crisp, about 3 minutes. Add the prepared sauce and tofu and stir-fry until all the ingredients are coated and heated, about 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately over the lo mein or soba noodles.